A custom dashboard not only helps keep your data organized, it also helps make your job—and your business—run more smoothly on a daily basis. With a dashboard on your side, you can make smarter decisions, implement strategic improvements, solve company-wide problems and issues, and ensure your organization is efficient and productive.
8 Benefits of Custom Dashboards
If you’re still not convinced a custom dashboard is for you, here are eight ways it can immediately make your job easier:
- Pinpoints bottlenecks and problem areas that need attention. One of the biggest benefits of a custom dashboard is its visualization capabilities. You can take simple data and numbers and turn them into colorful, easy-to-understand graphs, charts and lines. Through this, you can more easily and quickly interpret data, compare it to past numbers, or even spot bottlenecks or problem areas within your organization so you can make the appropriate strategic changes. Without a dashboard, noticing these troublesome areas is more difficult and could keep you from improving your company and moving forward.
- Gives you the big picture at all times. With a custom dashboard, you never have to wonder about how your company is doing. All it takes is a few clicks of the mouse, and you have all the data needed to get the big picture. You can check how the company is faring overall, or drill down and look at individual department performance. Either way, your dashboard gives you the necessary data to drive success.
- Informs your decisions. When you run a business, every major decision should be based on data. Your marketing campaigns, product development and hiring decisions should all stem from good, hard data that shows those changes are necessary. Without data, decisions may be optimistic estimations. Data helps give your decisions context and ensures your choices will improve your company, your profits and your revenues every time.
- Helps you spot trends. Just as a dashboard can help you spot bottlenecks and problem areas, it can also help shed light on recurring events or trends. Through this, you can recognize where to focus your efforts, where to make changes and where to add resources in the coming months. Spotting these trends can also help you measure long-term performance by comparing your current data to that of past years.
- Serves all departments. A custom dashboard can provide each department in your organization with the data it needs. Instead of requiring your staff members to wade through unnecessary numbers, ask for information from executives and managers, or wait on time-consuming manual reports from IT, they can pull up the data they need on their own. All it takes is a few clicks, and they can filter results, drill down and get specific information on demand. This leads to better, more informed decisions and a more efficient workflow.
- Improves the reporting process. Manual reporting is notoriously painful—especially if you have lots of disparate departments. Whoever is in charge of reporting has to work with staff members from across the organization, gathering just the right data. Often, it can be weeks or even months before they get the information, and even longer before they compile it into a meaningful, thoughtful report. Ultimately, this means a delayed decision-making process and slows down the company as a whole. With a custom dashboard, reporting is no longer a tedious, manual task. Users can create their own customized reports in just minutes, without waiting.
- Frees up your time and resources. Because manual reporting is such a burden, it uses a lot of your team’s time and resources. It consumes wages and staffing costs, and it also takes your team members away from more important, pressing matters at your business. In the end, this could significantly affect your bottom line. With a custom dashboard on your side, however, you’ll never be held back by time-consuming manual reporting again.
- Let’s you share data and collaborate with colleagues. A dashboard can also make collaborating with team members and colleagues easier. Instead of sending bulky spreadsheets, databases or Word documents back and forth, you can add your data and information directly into the dashboard. There are no problems with version control, and each of your team members can collaborate in real-time.
Learn More About Custom Dashboards
If you’re looking for a way to make your job easier and improve overall efficiency and productivity at your organization, we hope these eight benefits of implementing a custom dashboard have been useful to you. Designed specifically for your company’s needs and demands, a custom dashboard can put all the data you need right at your fingertips. To learn more, contact the Xeo team today through our online form, and we will be happy to answer your questions. You can also try our free business dashboard and experience firsthand how it can help your organization.